Mommy Makeovers in Houston by Certified Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Mark Schusterman
Makeovers for Moms® is a custom cosmetic surgery plan that combines multiple surgical procedures into one operation performed in a single visit. The most common procedures performed during a mommy makeover are a tummy tuck, breast lift and/or augmentation, and liposuction.
The Mommy Makeover for Moms® Procedures
For the Abdomen
- The Tummy Tuck or Abdominoplasty. This procedure tightens the abdominal muscle from the rib cage down to the pubic bone, and tightens the skin covering both the upper and lower abdomen. A mini tummy tuck or mini abdominoplasty is a similar procedure, but only tightens the muscle and skin of the lower abdomen from the belly button down. Although both procedures will result in a scar along the lower abdomen, the scar can be easily hidden under a swimsuit. Excess fat of the abdomen can be treated with liposuction.
For the Breasts
Breast Implant and/or Breast Lift Surgery
The procedure chosen depends on the degree of tissue loss, the amount of drooping and the patient’s desire to replace lost volume and fullness.
- Breast implants without a breast lift can provide improvement in cases of mild drooping. If the nipple is not too low, the skin and breast tissue is not too soft, and the patient is willing to accept some increase in breast size, this can be a good choice.
- Breast lift surgery without implants lift the nipples to a higher position while tightening the skin under the breasts. However, breast lift surgery alone does not address the loss of fullness, especially in the upper breast area, which occurs following pregnancy.
- Breast lift surgery with breast implants lifts the nipples to a higher position and also provides additional fullness to the upper and lower breast areas.
- Liposuction. Liposuction reduces the localized abdominal fat deposits that can develop during pregnancy. Liposuction can also be used to treat fat deposits in the hips, thighs, and knees.
- Arm Lift (Optional). An arm lift reduces excess fat and skin from the upper and lower arm. Dr. Schusterman will make an incision on the underside of the arm to suction out fat deposits. Excess skin will be removed and the incision site stitched shut.
Mommy Makeover for Moms® Recovery
A mommy makeover involves several major procedures so patients should be prepared for a significant recovery period after surgery. Certain patients may need to stay overnight at the facility. Swelling, bruising, and pain are to be expected, but they can be controlled with compression bandages and medication. Patients should spend the first few days after surgery resting and recovering and avoid strenuous activities for at least six weeks.
**Read this article about Body Contouring Liposuction**
Schedule Your Mommy Makeover for Moms® Consultation Today
If you are interested in having a mommy makeover performed, call the Texas Center for Breast & Body at 713-794-0368 or fill out our contact form to schedule your consultation.